Lucid have developed this seminar to explain several important aspects of G655, non-zero dispersion shifted optical fibre, and to address the wealth of mis-information from other sources on the installation, specification and testing of these advanced fibre optic networks.
The main seminar topics are:
- ITU fibre standards
- G655 fibre specifications and features (for example Mode Field Diameter, non-linear effective area, chromatic dispersion and PMD)
- Splicing G655 fibre to similar G655 fibres and G652 fibres
- Splice loss specifications and connector insertion & return loss specification
- Dispersion effects of mixing fibre types in a network
- Non-linear effects in G655 and mixed fibre networks
- testing G655 networks – particularly loss testing & OTDR testing issues
If your organisation specifies, installs, uses or tests G.655 fibres, then this seminar, by experts who have dealt with real G655 network issues, is ideal for you. Contact us now for further details
Other Specialist Fibre Training
At Lucid, our experts specialise in advanced fibre optics courses. We have many of these in our standard course list, but we can also quickly cut these down to short seminars on topics such as:
- Multimode bandwidth and special launch conditions
- OM1, OM2, OM3, OS1 and OS2 fibre types and specification (OF-300, OF-500 & OF-2000 channels)
- Cable, fibre and splice loss specification
- Distributed optical fibre sensors
- non-linear effects in fibre optics
- Raman amplification and amplifiers
We have already done closed seminars for clients on most of the above topics.
Costs and pre-requisites
Lucid are keen to provide short update seminars as a service to the fibre optics industry, and hence the cost of the seminar is kept low, despite the high value of the information and expertise provided.
For seminars at Lucid Training Centre, the cost is typically around £195 per person for a single booking with discounts for multiple people.
Attendees should have a good basic grasp of fibre optic basics.